Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dulan hat and present for my aunt

This little hat was created as a sampler for practicing color work while holding yarn in two hands. Although I made my first fair isle sweater over 30 years ago, I'd never used two hands for color work. Then I watched a video of a workshop taught by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts -- borrowed from Maury, NCS's inestimable librarian. Gibson-Roberts also demonstrated how to make the band of raised purl stitches at the cast on edge. I used some anonymous but yummy wool odd balls a colleague at work had given me for charity knitting. So, when Brenda Dayne touted the Dulan project I knew just where this little hat would go. The doubled yarn should make it warm enough, I hope.




















This is my aunt's very late Christmas present. It's made with kitchen cotton so she can throw it in the wash. My aunt is a devoted "greenie" who couldn't find a string bag to use instead of all the plastic and paper. I hope it works for her.

No comments: