Sunday, April 26, 2009

Organic Cotton Kimono


For little Madeline, born in October 2008.

Natural color. I washed & dried a swatch and figured out the shrinkage – mostly vertical accounted for it. I measured the width and had to adjust to the largest size in the pattern, not the original newborn size intended. Garter stitch just stretches out, doesn’t it? I have come to loathe this “free” pattern from a back issue of Knits. The directions are more complicated than the structure which is pretty clever. And, it’s not sized correctly. Yes, I’ve checked my gauge. Cast on for small size – allowing for the shrinkage of my swatch – but it came out big enough for 24 month size for which it is an odd style.
Materials:
Rowan Purelife Organic Cotton, #786 Lipstick Natural 3.1 skeins, #3 needles.

No comments: