Monday, August 24, 2009

Lei Scarves With Hairpin Lace Loom (NCS #1 for North Warren Regional High School)




My spinning guild's project for the the year was making scarves to support the North Warren High School Band. So, here's what I've done -- they're due on Labor Day weekend and luckily I'm just about finished. Friend E and her sister C are the lovely models! Thanks, ladies!

I used a hairpin lace loom to make two of these scaves from Filati FF Kristha Multi Bulky / 12 ply ribbon yarn . Each skein was 66yds and the finished "lei" was well over 72" when stretched. The ribbon yarn was great to use for this technique as it doesn't twist all up as it does when knitting. Dye lot: 5113; Colorway: 204 jewel tone multi.

I finished the wool scarf today and will blog it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been searching for the technique to make these scarves! I saw them in Asheville last fall and have failed to find anyone who knew what I was describing
I found the ribbon yarn, but couldn't find instructions. I'm going to a yarn shop tomorrow where I hope to buy the lace loom and get instructions. Beautiful!

Liza's Pages said...

Thank you! The directions on the hairpin lace loom's packaging are usually very clear. Have fun and let me know what you made!