Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Charity Knitting

The Stettenheim Stitchers have done it again! This year we made 2 whole afghans for the Sanctuary Project for the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services. The afghans are given to children entering the foster care system. We are very proud of making the afghans from start to finish so that no one else has to piece them.

The afghans are just gorgeous. When Hudas first lays out the blocks together I just don't know how they will turn out but after Rhona patiently crochets all the blocks and strips together they bloom into gorgeous handicrafted works of art.

Many hands are responsible for the lovely blankets. One Fiber Fairy contributed the yarn: Dorothy, Wendy, Helen, Joyce, Hudas and I make the blocks. [Disclaimer: I haven't made many this year]. Hudas designs the layout and Rhona crochets the strips together. My main job is to put in all the ends and then crochet the border. Since October, as I recover from 1 total knee replacement, this has been the perfect project 'cause I can't concentrate very well yet on my more elaborate projects.

No comments: