Monday, December 08, 2008

Silk Boucle Scarf for Meghan

I would like to show my appreciation for someone who really made a difference. Thanks to her my knee replacement surgery and recovery therefrom was made so much more pleasant and even more importantly, speedier.

So, I spent weeks, while still too hazy to knit well, looking at patterns in various books and magazines. I decided to make a scarf because I don't know Meghan's foot/shoe size, so socks were out. Silk is a good choice when you don't know if the wearer likes wool! I looked through my stash (thank goodness for Ravelry!) and
found a particularly special and favorite yarn. I only hope she likes lavender, actually!
I experimented with the yarn, trying out all kinds of needle sizes and stitches before choosing #7 needles and a k2p2 stitch. I love the way the ribbing is rounded. It has an elegant and contemporary feel to it, too.
Yarn: Jade Sapphire Daisany in lilac, a 100% silk boucle, variagated.

No comments: