Monday, July 17, 2006

My daughter is joining my blog

Caroline is a fine needlewoman, keeping up a tradition of many generations. Here are some booties she recently completed.



Of course, the compulsion to make things didn't affect everyone, the most notable exception being my mother after whom Caroline is named. But, my father did excellent needlepoint and made all sorts of things for our 33' boat on his very old Singer. To be fair, my mother did do her share during World War II, knitting my father crimson socks and a scarf, which items were noted in Time Magazine in its accounts of D-Day! The little clipping my father had about a Harvard man being seen coming ashore with crimson socks, scarf and English hunting horn is now lost. I remember seeing it all my childhood. Can't find it at all now.

No comments: