Thursday, February 21, 2008

Socks with Trekking XXL


Pattern: My own for The D.B., starting with 96 stitches on #1 needles. Gauge is c.9st to 1". Stitch pattern: basket weave rib -- her favorite
Materials: Trekking XXL Color 298, dye lot 4206 ; 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon. 2.5 oz (100 g) ; 459 yds (420 m);
Jawoll Superwash Sock Yarn by Lang, Color Dark Moss 75% superwash, 18% nylon and 7% acrylic.
She loves this yarn so much that I bought the only 6 I could find on the web plus 3 more of the Lang Jawoll Dark Moss.

Aren't these pretty? I made them for The D.B. but I gave them to her before I photographed them. I've lost the ball band but do remember that it was a skein of Trekking XXL bought at Woolcott & Company in Cambridge in June 2006. I finished them sometime in early 2007. Meanwhile, the socks are in the semi-dress section of the The D.B.'s sock cabinet.

There's no way to coordinate the colors in both socks but it doesn't matter. The stitch is The D.B.'s favorite -- basket weave rib.

No comments: