Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Easter Egg Dye Project Completed

1. 2-ply, color blending random

2. Navajo Plied

3. These were dyed in the skein. The one on the left is a funky early attempt at spindling; the one on the right was spun on a mini Bossie, a gift of a very, very kind Fiber Fairy.

This weekend I finally finished the easter egg dyeing project I began last May. I used Brown Sheep roving which I'd washed in Dawn and allowed to soak for a couple of hours. Then I dissolved the dye tablets in 1/2 cup boiling water and several tablespoons of white vinegar. All the skeins were spindle spun and spindle plied, using a random selection of spindles.

No comments: