Sunday, February 05, 2006

First Post, Saturday, 2.4.06 but really Sunday very early




I'm still learning to use our new digital camera but I do have two photographs of projects I finished this weekend. I don't have a photo of the 54 yd. skein I spun and plied this afternoon. The fiber is Cotswold locks which had come in a sampler from The Bellwether. I'd flicked it, keeping the locks cut ends all in the same direction and then spun it worsted. It's quite shiny but very rough and will be good for a rug.

The hat one replaces the one I seem to have lost about 10 days ago at Weight Watchers...or the restaurant we went to afterwards. It's made with Noro Silk Garden, the same exact yarn, including dye lot, I used for the lost hat. No one better come into WW wearing the "lost" hat is all I can say. The pattern is a copy of a Plymouth Yarn pattern given to me by my NJ LYS. I made it on #7 needles and made 14, not 16 repeats of the k4p4 pattern. Actually, the missing hat was too big for me and the new one fits more like a cloche.

The square is for my knitting listserve's gift blanket for a sick member. For that I used a great old favorite from my stash which I've had for years: Edelweiss 70/30 wool/nylon, on the principle that blankets should be somewhat washable. The pattern is from About.com's. The pattern is over 6 rows and took a little effort to learn. I worked on it at Friday's North Country Spinners monthly guild meeting.

My weekend is Friday and Saturday. And, it's actually Sunday already. Good night

No comments: