Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mittens for Marsha 1


I started making Marsha many mittens in December of 2004 (or so). She was devastated to have lost one of a pair I'd made 2 or 3 years earlier. Pretty good in my opinion considering they were one of two pairs she wore all the time. So, along with making a replacement pair I made many others to assuage any sorrow at a possible loss. Silly kitten, you're SUPPOSED to lose your mittens! They run away with the socks. This blogger is refusing to load multiple images so I'll load them one at a time.

This is the thrummed pair with an i-cord string. I added the string because they are too thick to fit in her pockets. That way they can just hang down if she has to pull them off. These are the perfect mittens to use for shoveling on really snowy or cold days.

No comments: