Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mittens for Marsha 3




Inspired by Knit One, Felt Two, I decided to knit some felted mittens. Actually, the periwinkle ones were going to be for me but Marsha fell in love with the color so I felted them to be small enough for her. The dark purple pair is made with 2 skeins of "Alfa" Maskin by Sandnes Garn, a wool and mohair blend. It was soft until I felted it -- or rather, finally managed to felt them. They had to go through the wash about 4 times before getting even to this size. I had done a swatch so I was surprised. Anyway, they are roomy enough to have been designated "over-mittens".




I always make long cuffs for Marsha so that it covers and protects the scar from the surgery she had when she had a Colle's fracture of the wrist. That is the advantage of being able to knit or make things to suit ones needs.

No comments: